Asian Carrot Salad with Peanuts
- 3 large, cut into long strips Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 3 Cal-Organic green onions
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha, sambal or other hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Cut carrots lengthwise into long, thin strips. Slice green onions on a bias.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime, honey, fish sauce and optional hot sauce.
- Add the carrots and green onions to the bowl and toss until coated. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve immediately.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.