Beet & Heirloom Carrot Rosti with Crème Fraîche & Caviar
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Cal-Organic Beets
- 1/4 cup Cal-Organic Parsley
- 14 tsp. nutmeg
- - Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or butter
- 1 can Caviar
- 1 cup Crème Fraîche
- Mix all ingredients together except oil, butter, caviar and crème fraîche.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet.
- Drop ingredients into hot olive oil or butter, 1/4 cup at a time, then cook until browned on both sides (about two minutes each). Repeat until all ingredients are cooked.
- To serve, add a dollop of crème fraîche and a 1/2 teaspoon of caviar to each rosti.
Recipe provided by Jane Craske (Jane’s Adventures in Dinner)
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.