Candied Carrot Ribbons
- 3 medium Cal-Organic Rainbow Whole Carrots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 20 skewers
- Peel the carrots into strips.
On high heat, bring lemon juice, water and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add carrot strips and reduce to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from the heat, strain and let stand until cool.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and arrange carrot slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once oven is preheated, bake carrot strips for roughly 30 minutes until they are dry but not brittle.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven and quickly wind carrot strips in loose spirals around skewer.
- Place carrot skewers on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Check periodically to make sure they aren’t browning.
- Remove curls from the oven, let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.