Carrot & Potato Galette
- 3 cups Cal-Organic Rainbow Shredded Carrots
- 2 cups peeled & shredded Cal-Organic Red Potatoes
- 3 tbsp. clarified butter
- Pinch paprika
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 8 oz. jumbo lump crab meat
- 4 sprigs, fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp. fresh, minced chives
- 1 minced, shallot
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss shredded carrots and shredded potatoes with 2 tbsp. of clarified butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy non-stick sauté pan over high heat until nearly smoking. Lightly butter pan with some of the remaining clarified butter. Add some of the carrot mixture to the pan and shape into pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat and then reduce heat. Sauté until golden brown.
- When galette starts to shake free from pan, flip galette over and lightly brown on the other side. Repeat until all of the galettes are cooked.
- Wrap galettes in foil and place in preheated oven to keep warm.
Prepare herbed crème fraiche:
- Mix together crème fraiche, shallots, chives, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place warm galette on plate.
- Spread a dollop of crème fraiche on galette.
- Top crème fraiche with jumbo lump crab meat.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on crab and lightly sprinkle with paprika.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.