Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh, minced pineapple
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, garnish
- 4 tbsp. low-fat cream cheese, garnish
- 4 tbsp. honey, garnish
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts, cream cheese and honey and whip into batter.
- Scoop ½ cup of batter onto a hot griddle and cook through on both sides. Repeat until you’ve used all of the batter.
- While hot, top pancakes with a tablespoon of cream cheese, a handful of walnuts and a drizzle of honey.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.