Carrot & Jicama Slaw
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- ¾ tsp. honey or agave nectar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. jicama, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large Cal-Organic Bagged Carrots
- 3 tbsp. Cal-Organic Farms cilantro, minced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, minced
- Peel and grate carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, honey (or agave nectar) and salt. Add in the olive oil and slowly whisk.
- In a large bowl, toss together the jicama, carrot, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Add in dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.