- 1 lb. Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Cal-Organic Farms green onions
- ⅓ cup matzo meal
- 1 cup cooking oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the shredded carrots, green onion, matzo meal, salt and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
- Take a handful of the mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten with your hands to create a pancake, and repeat until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Drop each latke into the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and dry on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.