Carrot Lentil Soup
- 1/2 diced Cal-Organic Yellow Onions
- 3 cups, peeled and diced Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 3 stalks, diced Cal-Organic Celery
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Pinch of Himalaya sea salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Thinly sliced Cal-Organic Green Onions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with a drizzle of avocado oil. Once warm, add the onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add the carrots and celery and sauté for another 3-5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a low boil over medium high.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a handful of freshly sliced green onions.
Recipe created by Flora & Vino.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.