Chilled Dilled Carrot Salad
- 2 cups, peeled and thinly sliced Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1/2 cup, diced Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 2 tbsp. fresh, chopped Cal-Organic Dill
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Parboil carrots until tender yet crisp, about 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Combine carrots and onions. Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Pour over carrot mixture and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours to blend flavors.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.