Creamy Carrot Casserole
- 2 lb. Cal-Organic Bagged Carrots
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 2-quart casserole dish with butter and set aside.
- Wash and peel carrots, then cut on the bias into ¼” thick slices.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add carrots, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until the carrots start to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over the carrots, stirring constantly. Cook until flour turns golden in color, about 2 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream, bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to the casserole dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake about 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs to the pan and season with salt. Stir occasionally until panko is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Move to a bowl and remove garlic.
- When the casserole is ready, remove foil and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs evenly over the top and serve.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.