Grilled Rainbow Carrots with Cilantro Parsley Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 bunches Cal-Organic Rainbow Bunch Carrots
- 1tbsp. olive oil
- 1tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic Italian Parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Make the chimichurri: In a food processor, add parsley, cilantro, garlic, red pepper chili flakes, lemon juice, oregano, shallot and red wine vinegar. Pulse until combined. Run the processor and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium flame. Toss carrots with oil, salt and pepper. Place carrots on the grill and turn occasionally until tender, about 20 minutes.
- To assemble: Spread a thin layer of chimichurri on a platter, pile grilled carrots and drizzle remaining chimichurri over the carrots. Season to taste.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.