Grilled Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1 Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 slightly beaten, egg
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- to taste black pepper
- to taste kosher salt
- Preheat grill. Grate carrots and finely chop green onions.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into 4 equally sized patties.
- Place on grill and cook for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately on lightly grilled buns with lettuce, tomato, and additional condiments, as desired.
Recipe and image from our e-book Summer Salads & Backyard BBQ
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.