Holiday Carrot Pie
- 1 (9-inch), unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup cooked, pureed Cal-Organic Bagged Carrots
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup, packed brown sugar
- 2, beaten eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Form pie crust in pie pan and place in your refrigerator to cool. If you purchased a pie crust that came formed in a pan, then simply remove the packaging and place the pan in the refrigerator.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Remove pie pan from refrigerator and pour ingredients into the pan. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is firm.
- Insert a clean knife blade into the center of the pie and remove. If the knife comes out spotless without any filling sticking to the sides, then your pie is done!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.