Loaded Rainbow Carrot Dogs, Three Ways
- 3 Cal-Organic Rainbow Whole Carrots
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Hot dog buns or leafy greens
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, maple syrup, onion powder and garlic powder. Place the peeled carrots in a shallow baking dish and pour the liquid mixture over. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Once marinated, place the carrots on the lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes. Turn carrots over halfway through and brush the marinade over the carrots.
- Pull the carrots out of the oven, then let cool slightly. Place the carrot dog in a hot dog bun over a bed of leafy greens, then add your favorite toppings or try one of the loaded recipes below. Enjoy!
Loaded with: Jalapeño, red onion, arugula, sweet carrot relish, ketchup
Black Sesame Ranch Dog
Loaded with: Edamame, radish, red and green cabbage, broccoli sprouts, black sesame seeds, ranch dressing
Southwest Chipotle Dog
Loaded with: Green onion, red onion, cilantro, cucumber, sweet carrot relish, southwest chipotle dressing
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.