- 6 medium to large Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1/2 cup milk
- to taste salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Wash and peel the carrots and cook them in as little boiling, salted water as possible until they are tender. Drain, reserving the liquid for later use in soups, gravies, and the like.
- Now, pretend the carrots are potatoes and mash them in exactly the same way, adding as little milk as necessary to make them light and fluffy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, turn out into a serving dish and top with butter or margarine.
Recipe and image from our e-book Festive Holiday Recipes
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.