- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 clove, minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped Cal-Organic Onion
- 1 cup chopped Cal-Organic Celery
- 4 tbsp. chopped Cal-Organic Parsley
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup chopped Cal-Organic Cabbage
- 2 sliced Cal-Organic Bagged Carrots
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. dried sage
- 1 cup canned peas
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can kidney beans
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- Heat oil in large pot. Add garlic, onion, celery and parsley, then cook until soft.
- Stir in tomato sauce, bouillon cubes, water, cabbage, carrots, salt, pepper and sage. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.