Oven-Roasted Carrots with Thyme
- 7-8 medium Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small bundle fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse carrots and slice in half lengthwise. Arrange carrots on prepared baking sheet, then drizzle olive oil and top with thyme sprigs. Toss the carrots to coat completely.
- Place carrots in oven and roast for 20 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, butter and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for two minutes.
- Remove carrots from the oven and season with salt. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with honey-ginger glaze. Serve immediately.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.