Pulled BBQ Carrot Sliders
- 5 large Cal-Organic Bagged Carrots
- 1 Cal-Organic Farms red onion
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- Cal-Organic Farms red cabbage
- Cal-Organic Farms green onions
- Barbecue sauce
- 5 slider buns
- Preheat oven to 385° Fahrenheit and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Shred the carrots and red cabbage, thinly slice the red onion and slice the green onions.
- Place the shredded carrots and sliced onion on the baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss well to coat and spread them evenly across the pan. Cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, then roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the carrots and onions are roasting, heat barbecue sauce in a medium saucepan and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the carrots and onions from the oven and add them to the barbecue sauce. Stir well to coat, then let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture onto slider buns, toasted if preferred, then top with red cabbage and green onions. Enjoy!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.