Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes
- 10 oz. Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 stick unsalted, softened butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package, softened cream cheese
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, add the shredded carrots and orange juice. Place over medium heat and cover for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in a food processor.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, blend the cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, oil and water with a hand mixer. Fold in the carrot puree and fill 3/4 way full, 24 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and once completely cool, ice with cream cheese icing (below). Garnish with shredded carrots.
For the icing:
- With a hand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.