Quick Curry Carrot Soup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup, diced Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 1 lb., diced Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions, diced carrots, curry powder, cumin and salt and pepper. Toss to combine and allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cover the pot. Continue to cook over medium heat for another 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cover and puree the soup in batches in a blender. Or simply puree the soup in the pot using an immersion blender wand until smooth.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.