Red Carrot & White Bean Salad
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 medium Cal-Organic Red Bunch Carrots
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cal-Organic Farms red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup jarred quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup Cal-Organic Farms dill
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves
- Halve red carrots and cut into 1-inch pieces. Thinly slice red onion, roughly chop dill, and tear fresh mint leaves.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil, then carrots. Cook, tossing frequently until carrots start to brown, about 3 minutes, then add onions, garlic and cumin seeds. Stir constantly and cook until very aromatic, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in vinegar, lemon juice, zest, honey, salt, pepper and red pepper. Stir until all the vegetables are coated. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the beans, peas and artichoke hearts; toss until completely coated. Fold in half of the dill and mint, then sprinkle the rest on top. Serve immediately.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.