Red Romaine Vietnamese Lettuce Cups
- 3 cups Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 1 head Cal-Organic red romaine lettuce
- 12 Cal-Organic green onions
- 1 cup Cal-Organic cilantro
- 24 medium shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha or sambal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash and separate the romaine lettuce; pat to dry and set aside. Thinly slice the green onions and mince the cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, vinegar, Sriracha, lime juice and water. Set aside until ready to use.
- Slice shrimp in half, lengthwise. Prepare work station by setting out all the ingredients on a platter or in small bowls.
- Lay out the lettuce leaves on a platter and fill with 2 tablespoons shredded carrots, 3 to 4 mint leaves, 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves and 4 shrimp halves. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.