Sloppy Farmer Joes
- 1 lb. raw ground turkey
- 1 cup, diced Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 1/2 cup, diced Cal-Organic Parsnips
- 1 cup, shredded Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1/2 cup, diced Cal-Organic Fennel
- 1 stalk, diced Cal-Organic Celery
- 2, diced Cal-Organic Green Onions
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add all the diced vegetables, as well as chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Sauté for about three minutes, then cover for 5 minutes. Carefully remove cover and add turkey. Stir and separate the turkey as it cooks. Stir to combine vegetables and turkey meat, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add ketchup, brown sugar, water and Worcestershire sauce and mix well to allow the sugar to melt.
- Stir to coat all the meat and vegetables and allow simmering for 4 minutes to meld all the flavors together. Sprinkle with diced green onions and serve between hamburger buns.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.