Spicy Maple Roasted Carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 tsp. cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 lbs. medium Cal-Organic Rainbow Bunch Carrots
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place baking sheet in oven to heat for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, syrup, lemon juice, cumin seed and red pepper flakes.
- Toss the carrots into the sauce.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread carrots and sauce into and even layer and return to the oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, tossing frequently, until carrots are tender and lightly charred.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.