Spicy Vegetable Juice
- 2 large, rinsed and topped Cal-Organic Bunch Carrots
- 1/2 small, cut into quarters Cal-Organic Green Cabbage
- 2 stalks, leaves included Cal-Organic Celery
- 1/2 medium, peeled and cut to fit Cal-Organic Red Beets
- 1 small, peeled and cut to fit Cal-Organic Red Onions
- 2 cups rinsed, rolled, and pushed through with a carrot Cal-Organic Red Chard
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 unpeeled and cut in half cucumber
- 1/2 stem removed and cut to fit, okay to leave seeds green bell pepper
- 1/2 peeled lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a juicer, excluding hot sauce and sea salt.
- Stir in the last two ingredients after everything has been juiced.
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!
Recipe and image from our e-book Springtime Juicing
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.