Sweet Carrot Relish
- 1 lb. Cal-Organic Shredded Carrots
- 3 tbsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. crushed coriander seeds
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sauté pan set over medium heat. Let boil, then lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the relish into Mason jars, leaving half an inch of headroom. Make sure jar cap is screwed on tightly, then place in fridge and let rest for 24 hours. Enjoy!
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.