Whipped Carrots & Parsnips
- 1 1/2 lb. chopped, Cal-Organic/Bunny Luv Carrots
- 2 lb, peeled and cubed Cal-Organic Parsnips
- 1/2 cup, softened unsalted butter
- To taste pinch ground nutmeg
- To taste salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots, cover partially and simmer 5 minutes. Add parsnips and cover partially. Simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Return vegetables to saucepan and stir over medium heat until any excess moisture evaporates.
- Transfer to food processor. Add butter and process until smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Can be made 4 hours ahead. Re-warm over low heat, stirring often. Transfer to bowl. Serve.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.