Carrot, Fennel & Citrus Salad
- 8 oz. Cal-Organic Baby Carrots
- 1/2 bulb Cal-Organic Fennel
- 1/2 cup Cal-Organic Italian Parsley
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Cut baby carrots in half lengthwise. Remove fronds from fennel bulb; pick leaves and reserve for garnish, then thinly slice half of the bulb.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey and vinegar. Slowly stream in olive oil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add carrots, sliced fennel, grapefruit and half the parsley leaves to the bowl with the dressing. Toss until all are coated. Transfer to a plate or platter.
- Sprinkle with pecans and remaining parsley leaves. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve immediately.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.