- 1lb Cal-Organic Baby Carrots
- 1/2 Green Bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cal-Organic Yellow Onion
- 1 (8oz) can Tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Chop yellow onion.
- Sauté carrots, green pepper and onion until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, brown sugar, oil and salt and heat to boiling temperature. Boil vigorously for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over carrot mixture. Serve hot or cold.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.