Four-Herb Parisian Carrot Salad
- 1 lb. Cal-Organic Baby Carrots
- bunch Cal-Organic Red Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped Cal-Organic Dill
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp. fresh, chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. lemon peel
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Drop carrots into saucepan of boiling water. Return to boil and cook 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Drain the water and rinse the carrots under cold, running water.
- Combine carrots with all ingredients except lettuce and toss well for 2 minutes to bruise herbs and bring out flavor.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Plate the mixture over romaine leaves or toss together in a salad bowl.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.