Moroccan Baby Carrot Salad
- 1 lb. Cal-Organic Baby Carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup black olives, cut in half
- 1 cup orange juice, reduced by half over medium heat
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. Cal-Organic Farms cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cut baby carrots in half lengthwise.
- Pour olive oil in a skillet over high heat and add carrots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and cook until the carrots become just barely tender. Salt to taste.
- Drain carrots in a colander to remove excess oil.
- Transfer carrots to a mixing bowl. Add honey, lemon juice, olives, orange syrup and cumin. Toss gently.
- Before serving, toss in the cilantro, mint and pine nuts. Salt to taste, if needed. Serve with your favorite grain or rice.
Tips for storing carrots
Store carrots in a resealable plastic bag or other airtight container.
To extend the shelf life of your carrots, you can place a damp paper towel in the bag or container, but avoid storing carrots in water as it will soften their texture.
Carrots should be stored in the refrigerator between 34 and 36 degrees Fahrenheit.
Avoid storing carrots near ethylene-producing fruits and vegetables, such as apples or pears.
Try Another Recipe
We didn’t find any recipes matching that description. Please try removing a search term or rewording your search phrases.